Choke Cable for Vespa 125 GT
/GTR/ 150 Sprint/V/Super
/MY/T5 with separate
with sleeve, SIP PERFORMANCE,
l (cable)=720mm, Ø 0,8mm/5,3
mm, steel, zinc plated
Grade AA - for a first-class
Our SIP PERFORMANCE cable sets revolutionise scooter cables
Occasionally only a relatively small impulse can have a great effect, which is especially true of the technology involved in tuning vintage Vespas. The fact that control cables play an essential role in their overall function is no big secret. Hardly another form of transport includes such long and awkwardly-routed control cables in its design as a classic Vespa or Lambretta scooter. This can quickly lead to vague feedback from the various connected components and stiff operation. When correctly set up these problems can be minimised, although more modern scooter types remain a lot more user-friendly to the rider. Due to the longer service intervals sometimes involved, extensive research has been carried out in the quest for improved control cables and a number of manufacturers are currently producing types with updated performance characteristics.
SIP decided to take on the challenge by starting from scratch with a completely fresh and modern design. These SIP Performance Control Cables were conceived to be state-of-the-art, introducing a new level of operational control, riding dynamics and handling to any vintage scooter type. To satisfy these high requirements we first carried out extensive research and testing to establish our possibilities within the constraints of current vehicle construction technology. We then adapted the results to the conditions presented by vintage metal-bodied scooters.
- superlight actuation
- perfect low friction operation
- specific length of each cable, for each model
The product of this development process, the SIP Performance Control Cables, fulfil all demands made on modern control cables.
- Especially stable, torsion-free cable-outers.
- High-end, race-proven quality.
- Exact lengths for specific scooter models.
- No further modification or adjustment necessary, plug & play!
- Gearbox control cables individually marked (1-1,2-2) at both ends
- Rust-free stainless steel cable inners.
- Welded cable-inner ends.
- All outer cables lined with a PE material.
- 7 x 7 single-strands for the throttle cable-inners, extremely flexible even when sharply bent.
- 19 single-strands for the clutch, brake and gear control cable-inners for increased durability.
- Gear control cables are pre-stretched to ensure precise operation with a rounded profile.
- Clutch and both brake cables are pre-lubricated.
Following the introduction of our all-new cables we were positively surprised at the revolutionary progress achieved over the cable kits currently on the market by others. The SIP Performance Control Cables completely exceed our initial aims and increase the performance of an ageing brake drum system enormously, which in turn increases rider safety immensely. The gears can now be precisely selected every time, with shorter travel required. The clutch becomes much easier to dose exactly while requiring less force at the handlebar lever. The throttle cable can now glide along easily and exactly, especially useful while closing the throttle operation grip. The improved operation of often neglected components by this set of cables provide a minor advantage which has a huge knock-on effect with much improved safety, rider-friendliness and ultimately, the maximum riding enjoyment that can be attained from every vintage geared scooter.
Torsion resistant / PE lining / pre-lengthened/ Welded ends